There are sometimes questions about it and many inaccuracies related to the overall complexity, anecdotal evidence and the fact that some people still confuse things that existed before the system was changed two years ago.
First, a pseudo-description of the algorithm used to select the map for QP follows:
for every player in the lobby to do: Apply the base weight 1 if no level has been reached: Multiply the weight by 10 // Progress factor to support the campaign for the last 20 games played: Reducing the weighting of the level by ((21 – index) / 20) // index 1 for the youngest, 20 for the oldest // is additive : If a level appears more than once, its weight is decreased several times // don’t go below 0 for each level do: if is_dlc_level and not party_finished_act4: remove level from list if is_level_locked_for_any_player remove level from list avg weights of all players throw dice based on weights // bigger weight = bigger chance
and the corresponding source code here. If you go back in time, the last major change was in version 1.4, here’s the previous algorithm.
Interpretation includes code functionality not directly related to the above.
- This only applies to the player present at the time the card is chosen. This does not affect the cards you get when you put the PQ into execution in a game.
- You can convert a PQ to a custom game without selecting a card, even if it is still in the lobby.
- This distorts people’s perceptions because they include data in the interpretation of an algorithm that was never generated by the algorithm.
- If the map is popular enough for people to make their own games for it, it will appear more often in the current game lists and thus less often in the PQ. This in turn forces more people to open their own games to this card.
- Similarly, if people want to avoid certain cards and make their own games with their own subset of semi-random cards, they make these avoided cards more common in PQ.
- If a band member does not beat Skittergate at least once, all CSDs are ignored, regardless of their weight.
- The progress multiplier is 10 times higher than the normal range of 0 to 1.
- Including DLC, there are more than 20 cards in the game, so the player always has multiple levels with a weight of 1.
- But in a crowded lobby, chances are that one of the other players will reduce these weights.
- Your last card has a weight of almost 0. But if it’s just the two of you and the other player hasn’t played that card at all lately, the average weight comes back to 0.5.
- The more you change lobbies (for example, by leaving if you get a card you don’t like), the less efficient the whole system becomes. Because you are constantly playing with players who may have very different weights, everything is getting closer and closer to the same weights.
- If a particular card is unpopular in the community and many people leave it prematurely, all the other cards become proportionally more popular, increasing the weight of the unpopular card for everyone.
Source : Original link
- Quick tag?
I hope this question is not too stupid. I’ve searched, but haven’t found much on the subject. Do you have any good practices/tips for playing fast? I played a lot of Vermintide 1, mostly with friends or bots. I just received Vermintide 2, and I’m thinking about…
- New random card ideas
To be clear, these are not complete map ideas. I just want to brainstorm (and we encourage ideas) about possible themes, objectives, and card layouts that might add variety to the card pool and game. Balance and reality can come later. I’m just gonna throw out some …. out.
- Finally, play with the others and Map Explorer is ready BUT………
So, according to the title, I was finally on the last mission for those two naughty things that need to be done, and yes, bugs are everywhere in this game. https://preview.redd.it/kv5k6ncz3ma41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9203d5e7b13ce1675c69bb399c3be9984059b06b So, let’s list them in this video :). First of all, if I go back to the game lobby, no….
The item How to Play Quickly determines the random cards for the Warhammer game: Parasites.
Top 10 Most anticipated video games of 2020
2020 will satisfy both classic and modern players. To be included in the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there must be a compelling reason to publish it in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a simple announcement and no major release date will not be considered.
Top 15 New Games for 2020 [PART I]
By 2020, there will be a ton in the world of video games. Here are fifteen games waiting for you in the first half of 2020.
overwatch leaving quick play early, overwatch skill based matchmaking, overwatch penalty for leaving quick play, overwatch role queue not in quick play, does quick play affect mmr, overwatch quick play queue, overwatch quick play ranks, quick play role lock overwatch